Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yellow Stone!

On our way home from Canada we dicided we were going to drive through Yellow Stone, I thought it would only take about 2 hours or so, boy was I wrong, 4 hours it took!! Little did we know that the "extra" time it would take to detour to Yellow Stone would add 7 hours to our journey home! While we were on the way in it was almost lunch time so I told Kendall we would get some food when we saw Old Faithful. It took way longer to drive through to Old Faithful than I thought, by the time we got there I was starving! Kendall was mad because some people were stopped on the side of the road looking at some kind of wildlife, he wanted to stop but I was so hungry I told him no, we need to just get there so we can eat, all he wanted was to see a bear so he kept complaining, "I swear that was a bear!" He would say, I didn't care I was hungry! So we finally got to old faithful, I got in line for food and sent Kendall over to find out what time old faithful ws due to go off, 15 minutes!!! So we didn't have time to get food before, I was dying so I grabbed the crackers out of the trunk and we walked over and waited for old faithful to go off. Half way through it's show we turned around and headed back for food before everyone else did. That hamburger tasted so good because I was just happy to finally eat!
The kids and I with the sign in the enterance of the park! One of the things we stopped and walked up to see. (I think this pic looks fake!)




The kids in the car driving through Yellow Stone



A big Elk we saw!



OLD FAITHFUL!







No comments: