Sunday, April 19, 2009

Salt Lake Marathon











April 18, 2009 was the Salt Lake Marathon. A couple days before the marathon I went to go pick up my packet for the race and Jenika kept saying we're going to win the race right mom?? I told her she wasn't going to run the race, she kept saying she wanted to and they actually had a little race for kids so asked her like 3 times if she was sure she wanted to do it and she kept saying yes she did. So I signed her up! Everyday until that Saturday she kept saying "I'm so excited for the race today" so I had to keep telling her it wasn't for a couple days still. The morning of the race we needed to leave the house by about 6:00 a.m. when I woke her up and asked if she was ready for the race she said "I'm so excited for the race, I am going to win!!" I told her everyone was a winner. We went to the race and I did the 5k I started about 7 minutes late because of the bus driver and I had to pee sooo bad!! But I finally started the race and I was doing really good till I needed to take off my sweater than I had to fumble with my sweater, ipod, gatorade, and bid #! It took me about a block to get situated. While I was doing that I saw I was walking up to where Brigette was so finished the rest of the race with her and her friend!! I finished in 44 minutes! Then it was off to Jenikas race! They did a little warm up with some stretches and jumping jacks then they were off and running, they allowed 1 parent to run with the kids with they wanted so I ran with Jenika and I told her if she was tired we would walk but she kept saying no i wanna run! So run we did!! She ran the whole .62 mile! I am so proud of her!!
The kids got to go through the big finish line like all the other racers! They got a medal and some snacks when they were done! Jenika just loved it!! G & G Sprau, Rose, Parker, Chris, Jen, David, Tawni, Dad, and Marshall were all there to support Jenika and I!!

No comments: